Farm Stay Reservations
To reserve a farm stay, click here. There is a two-night minimum on all stays. Base prices include room, linens, housekeeping service, and access to shared Balinese bathhouse and outdoor chef’s kitchen. General Excise Tax (4.71%), and Transient Accommodation Tax (13.25%) will be added to base price. We accept payment by check, credit or debit card and Venmo.
Retreats and Special Events
To inquire about booking an event or retreat at Starseed please contact us with the details of your visit and we will provide you with a custom estimate. We are currently able to accommodate up to 25 guests with lodging and camping options. Day use activities can expand up to 100 guests.
Arrivals and Departures
All reservations are self-check-in. This allows you to arrive at your convenience, however, we do recommend arriving before dark to easily navigate to the ranch and to your hale. Check-in is 2pm and check-out is 11am. Guests are provided with detailed directions and arrival information in a confirmation email upon booking.
What to Bring
We recommend bringing a few items to make your stay more enjoyable:
- Headlamp to make it easier to see as you walk our grounds past sunset (bright phone lights also work well).
- Non-toxic bug spray – we do have mosquitos that come out in the late afternoon. We ask that you bring non-toxic bug spray in order to keep our ground, children, pets, humans and water sources safe. Mahalo!
- Rainjacket and light sweatshirt in case of wet/cooler weather
- Reusable water bottle to refill in kitchen and bathroom sinks (potable filtered well water).
Guidelines for Pono Stays at Starseed Ranch
- Please do not wear shoes in any of the hales.
- Please keep screen doors closed to keep bugs outside.
- Please do not bring any pets onto the property as we have 2 dogs that love humans but not other dogs.
- All food scraps should be composted in the kitchen, and please do your best to keep all food outside of your hale and bathrooms due to pests.
- There is a black compost bucket underneath the kitchen island for all food scraps – please do not throw away food scraps into the trash.
- Recycling (glass and aluminum only) is in the wicker baskets in the walkway just off the kitchen. There are signs in the kitchen for a few other directions.
- All water in the household faucets in the kitchen and bathrooms is potable, triple filtered well water. Do not drink any water from hose spigots as this is agricultural water.
- Our water is pumped well water, so please use it as the precious resource it is.
- As we share the gravel driveway with neighboring farms, we ask that you do not wander off the road onto our neighbors’ properties. We do have a private trail to access the local Niu’li’i steam, which we are happy to show you while staying with us.
- We are a strictly fire ant free farm. Use extreme caution to make sure persons, and belongings do not have fire ants. We ask that you not bring any plant materials, soil, or fruit from fire ant contaminated farms.
- Quiet hours are from 9:30 pm – 7:30 am.
How to order Farm Boxes
Please purchase your farm box when you reserve your hale or send us an inquiry if you would like a custom size, minimum order is $25. We also have medicinal tinctures, honey, turmeric and more for sale.
Personal Liability Waiver
Because Starseed Ranch is a private estate, we ask each visitor to sign a Personal Liability Waiver before enjoying the facilities. This document is provided to you in your confirmation email after you make a reservation. Please fill out and sign the online waiver. Return visitors are not required to fill one out for each visit.
Starseed is a private ranch and residence with guest accommodations and not equipped with handicapped facilities. The terrain is uneven and care should be taken when exploring the property. Most areas do not have wheelchair access. There is a gravel road and concrete walkway that leads to the main path.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Farm to Table Dinners and Farm Tours are non-refundable, but you may move your reservation date once within one year of booking. Please allow us a minimum of 3 days’ notice or we may not be able to accommodate your request.
Farm Stays are refundable if canceled prior to 30 days of your stay, with a $50 credit card processing fee. You will receive a 50% refund if you cancel within the 30-day window. Farm stays are not refundable if canceled within the 15-day window.
Hawai’i Island Adventures
Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park
Established in 1916, this is home of Nahuku (Thurston Lava Tube), Halemaumau Crater (home of Pele) and Kilauea, one of the world’s most active volcanoes.
Photo Credit: Andrew Hara
Pu’uhonua o Honaunau National Park
This sacred ‘place of refuge’ preserves Royal Grounds, fishponds, a heiau (sacred temple) and other historic artifacts along the South Kona Coast.
Photo Credit: Lee Rentz
Kealakekua Bay State Park
Located near the Captain Cook monument, the bay is a marine life conservation district and a popular destination for kayaking, scuba diving, and snorkeling.
Akaka Falls State Park
A self-guided loop trail through lush rainforest with wild orchids, bamboo groves and draping ferns, overlooking Kahuna Falls and 442-foot Akaka Falls.
Photo Credit: Lucas Cometto
© Copyright 2023 Starseed Ranch. All rights reserved.